So I sort of refuse to jailbreak my iPhone. It’s just against the whole console archetype that I love so much about the iphone. So when Chrome for iPhone came out I was really tempted to jailbreak my iphone just so I could make it the default web browser which you can’t do with the standard iOS.
There is a simple work around however that can give you an easy way to open links in Chrome with two taps, which isn’t too bad for not jailbreaking your iphone.
Okay I stole these steps from here so big props to them.
Copy the line of code below:
- Create a new Bookmark of any page
- Open the Safari bookmarks, click “Edit”, and edit the new bookmark.
- Rename it to “Open in Chrome” or something like that.
- Delete the URL that’s there and paste in the above code.
- Then tap on the Done button, followed by “Done” buttons again.
This will get you a bookmark that will capture the URL and open it in Chrome. Not as good as making Chrome your default browser but it works and makes short work of it.